Baseball Instruction/little league rule

Question
Last night a parent heard the other teams coach tell his pitcher to hit the batter with the ball. She told our manager. What should have been done by our manager? Keep in mind this is little league (majors).

Answer
Jack,

I would think the manager should notify someone that runs the league, such as a board member. If this incident is found to be true, I'd suspect there would be some type of discipline to the Manager of the team.

At this age, kids are supposed to learn how to play the game of baseball through integrity and sportsmanship. Hitting batters on purpose isn't the way to do it, and should be dealt with.

As an umpire, if I knew the Manager told his pitcher to do it, I'd eject the Manager from the game and make sure my ejection paperwork is clear on what I heard.

Baseball Instruction

Andrew Senger