Baseball Instruction/timing pitching

hi. thanks in advance for any help you can give me. my question is about timing a pitcher's pitch...but not just timing a 70mph fast ball like you're taking BP from a pitching machine but...timing a pitcher's pitches when he's changing speeds, or being able to time a pitch better so that you won't be out in front of the pitch. do you have any tips, hints, insight for a better understanding on how to get better at this? this is for my son who is 15yo and it seems that this is his biggest issue he needs to work on. thanks again.

Hi Tom.  The children I coached were more in need of basic instruction, mechanics mostly.  Your son requires more seasoned instruction, beyond my ability, more like HS or College instruction.  I had the fortune to have a good pitching coach who knew how to drill and strategize with the pitchers.  
Try these websites:

Best of luck,

Baseball Instruction

John McInnis

I would prefer questions regarding coaching from atom to pee-wee, ages 7 to 14. I have no problems answering questions about coaching other sports. General questions: baseball rules, setting up a little league, establishing emergency action plans, coaching skills, techniques, discipline, rewards, sport/league promotion.

played 10 years (approx.)in organized (local) baseball.
8 years coaching experience

Coaching Association of Canada
3M National Coaching Certification

University (CompSci)