Basic Math/volume an area problems

pilipinoromar wrote at 2012-11-07 09:19:54
Hello, Crystal.

First, you need to solve for the volume of the cylinder. The volume of a cylinder is equal to (pi)(r^2)(h), where r is the radius and h is the height of the cylinder. All units must be the same, so I will convert the height to inches. Radius is equal to 1/2 the diameter, so the radius is equal to 1/2(10), or 5 inches.

Therefore, we have Volume = 3.14 x 5 inches^2 x 12 inches.

Volume = 3.14 x 25 inches^2 x 12 inches

Volume = 942 inches^3, or 942 cubic inches.

Since the container is only half full, we need to divide the volume in half. 942 cubic inches/2 = 471 cubic inches.

Answer: Volume = 471 cubic inches.

Hope this romar macalinao

Basic Math

John Zalewski

I can help you solve problems involving fractions, decimals, ratios, and algebra. I can teach you how to do math faster, and even in your head. I can teach math definitions, and help you study, if necessary. Please do not ask any graphing, trigonometry, or calculus questions. Try to work through homework questions before asking for assistance.

I routinely process numbers of all kinds in my head, without need of a calculator.

I was an A math student while in high school.