Basic Math/ratio

Question
"how does a ratio can be negative I have studied in calculus that a line is divided internally in the ratio 3:-2 I think the ratio is always positive how line can be divided in negative ratio explain?"

Answer
A negative ratio is a negative correlation, which means as x increases, y would decrease. So let's use a relationship between education and crime rates. As the amount of educators increase, the crime rates go down because the children now know what's right and wrong.

If the ratio is 3:-2, then it's the same thing as 3/-2, which is basically -3/2 or -1.5.  

Basic Math

Hsin Tung