Basic Math/Conversion help

Question
Please help me! I'm a bit stuck on these conversions:
1) It is 3.67 miles to your grandparents' home
a) if you can walk 4 miles in one hour, how long will it take for you to walk to your grandparents' home? express your answer in decimal hours and then convert the time to minutes
-Hours: ?
-Mminutes: ?

b) If your average stride length is 2.6 feet, how many strides will it take you to walk to your grandparents' home? hint: you will need two conversion factors

c) If you ride your bike at an average speed of 15 mph, how long will it take you to ride to your grandparents' home? express your answer in hrs to the nearest hundredth of an hour (to the nearest minute)

d) If the circumference of each wheel on your bicycle is 82.6 inches, how many revolutions of a wheel will it take to get to your grandparents' home? give your answer to the nearest revolution. hint: you need to convert miles to inches and create a conversion factor to convert inches to revolutions of a wheel

Thank you so much! I really struggle with conversions! :/

Answer

4 mph or 4 miles per 60 minutes (so you know it's going to be just under an hour).  The first part if solved by ratios  3.67/4 = x/60 (multiply both sides by 60 and 4
3.67(60) = 4x, then divide by 4
220.2/4 = x
x = 55.05 mins or .9175 hrs (55.05/60)

There are 5280 feet in a mile, so it's 3.67(5280) = 19377.6 ft to grandma's.  divide that by 2.6 and you'll get the number of strides needed.  7452.9 strides (not sure why you'd need two conversions, just miles to feet).

c) If you ride your bike at an average speed of 15 mph, how long will it take you to ride to your grandparents' home? express your answer in hrs to the nearest hundredth of an hour (to the nearest minute) SAME COMPUTATION AS PART A, JUST REPLACE 4 with 15.

d) If the circumference of each wheel on your bicycle is 82.6 inches, how many revolutions of a wheel will it take to get to your grandparents' home? give your answer to the nearest revolution. hint: you need to convert miles to inches and create a conversion factor to convert inches to revolutions of a wheel.  SAME AS PART C, BUT CONVERT 3.67 miles to inches, so 3.67(5280)(12), then divide by 82.6

Basic Math

Lynn Houston