Basic Math/Century Year Numerical Digit.
Dear Prof John
1 Century = 100 years.
100 Centuries = 100 * 100 years = 10 raised to power of 4 = 10000 years.
20th century = 1901 to 2000
21st century = 2001 to 2100 -> Currently we are in this century.
22nd century = 2101 to 2200
23rd century = 2201 to 2300
98th century = 9701 to 9800
99th century = 9801 to 9900
100th century = 9901 to 10000
101st century = 10001 to 10100
Year becomes a 5 digit number.
1 century = 100 years. Mathematically 100 centuries = 10000 years,
Is there be any other term for 100 centuries similar to 100 years
termed as a century ?.
2. Does last year of 100th century and 101st century 100 years becomes a 5 digit numeric year figure as shown above ?.
3. Can there be any other term used instead of
"We are in 100th century" ?. in 100th century as we say currently "We are in 21st century" and currently the year is 2013 ?.
Awaiting your reply,
Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
1. I am not sure. I did some research and apparently the term 'hecto centennial' is used, but I'm not sure how acceptable its usage is.
2. You are correct. The 100th century goes from 9901 to 10000, and then the 101st century begins at 10001.
3. I suppose you could say, "We are currently in the 1000th decade," but such a statement sounds awkward.
Hope this helps.