Basic Math/Analog Clock Design - Anticlockwise motion.

Analog Clock Design
Analog Clock Design  
QUESTION: Dear Prof Pawan‎

The 12 hour Analog Clock design attached in the figure will also
work ?. The seconds hand dial will move in anticlockwise direction.

The clock time displayed in the image can be interpreted as
2 hours : 50 minutes.

Similarly 24 hour clock will have 0-23 dials. the 0-23 dials will be in respectively as attached in the figure.

If such clocks are designed and manufactured by clock manufacturers will it be accepted by the consumers ?.

Do the above design has any flaws ?. Counterclockwise motion will be not accepted by the consumers because clockwise design looks more perfect design among the two regarding the comfort level for interpreting numbers displayed ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant,
Clock systems are universally accepted and follow a set standard. You will see same analog clock basic fundamentals anywhere in the world. If we design the clocks as per the rules described by you, and everyone understands and ACCEPTS those, then we can certainly make such clocks (however I do not see it happening). So theoretially, we can make clocks as per your design, if everyone in the world accepts it.

QUESTION: Dear Prof Pawan

Thank you.

Do you feel the Graphical User Design for Clockwise appeals more and is comfortable than the counterpart GUI Design ?.

There seems to be no design flaw, but something to do with the Graphical User Interface Design. Isn't it ?.  

Mathematically interpreting numbers becomes more easy while viewing numbers in a clockwise direction (i.e. Hours, Minutes and Seconds hands moving in clockwise direction rather than Hours, Minutes and Seconds hands moving in anticlockwise direction) ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I belive that it is a matter of habit. We are used to see clockwise numbers for long time. We see the clock in this fashion hundreds of times in a day. If the clock had been in anti-clockwise fashion already, we would be used to anti-clockwise design. Hence, in my opinion, since we are used to clockwise design for hundereds of years, it is more appealing than any other design.

Basic Math

Pawan Musale

I can answer Basic Mathematics questions like: Natural Numbers, Integers, Real Numbers, Complex Numbers, Number Theory, Geometry, Trigonometry, Graph Theory, Square Roots, Basic Integration, Profit-Loss problems, Work-Time problems, Equations etc I can try to answer questions of probability and set theory

Tutoring on since long time

I am Bachelor of Engineering (Instrumentation) from the reputed institute in India.

I was 18th in High School Scholarship examination in Maharashtra State of India. I was second in Mathematics in Maharashtra State in Secondary School Certificate examination.