Basic Math/Arithematic

Adam spends 20% of her monthly salary on his son's education.When he will get his increment of $170 nest month he plans to spend half of that also for his son,s education.The total she would spend then,would be $645.What is his present salary?
Please answer this question. I am not able to get the right meaning of the question.
Thanking You in advance.

Hi, Ankit.

We can set up an equation to solve this problem, having x represent Adam's monthly salary.

.2x + (1/2)(170) = 645

.2x + 85 = 645

Subtract 85 from both sides.

.2x = 560

Divide both sides by .2.

x = $2800

Answer: x = $2800.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions about this, please ask.

Basic Math

John Zalewski

I can help you solve problems involving fractions, decimals, ratios, and algebra. I can teach you how to do math faster, and even in your head. I can teach math definitions, and help you study, if necessary. Please do not ask any graphing, trigonometry, or calculus questions. Try to work through homework questions before asking for assistance.

I routinely process numbers of all kinds in my head, without need of a calculator.

I was an A math student while in high school.