Basketball Instruction/possesion arrow

Question
There was a jump ball, team A has the arrow. Team A throws the ball inbounds, does not hit anyone and goes out of bounds, so team B gets the ball where team A had it. Does the possession arrow change since nobody had possession inbounds?

Answer
Jeff,

That is a good question. The possession arrow never changes until the Throw-in ends. In this case, the throw-in was not successful and team possession now goes to Team B due to the turn-over. The Alternating possession arrow stays the same and Team A will get it again on the next jump ball.

thank you for your question.  

Basketball Instruction

Bret Temple