Basketball Instruction/Last minutes

Question
Why are so many games, especially NBA decided in the last few minutes or in OT? Does this reflect team parity, or is it more a reflection of the rules like so many timeouts?

Answer
HI Bud,

That's a good question. All basketball teams have a set offense they like to run as well as defense.  I think during the course of many games there might be several scoring changes, or one team is blowing out the other. As the 4th quarter begins, there is a sense of urgency that takes over. There is more strategy that goes into playing the final couple minutes of a game especially if the score is close. There can be many time outs called, especially in the NBA. A lot of factors come into play in the final couple minutes. That's why so many games really do come down to the final minute or two or even overtime. I hope that answers your question. Thank you for taking time out ask it. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as well.  

Basketball Instruction

Bret Temple