Basketball Instruction/backcourt violation ???

team A inbounds the ball in backcourt.  player A receives the ball and quickly passes the ball to player B who is standing in the frontcourt near midcourt line.  Pass is high and Player B has to jump to catch the ball, as player B catches the ball he lands both feet in backcourt....   
Is this a backcourt violation?
what is the rule set.

This is a back-court violation. Every player on the court has some kind of "status" Your either front court status, back court status, in bounds, out of bounds etc. your status is determined where your feet last touched the floor. Since Player  B's feet last touched the front court, then landed with the ball in the back court, it would be a violation. the only exception is on an in-bound pass because front or back-court status isn't established yet. I hope that cleared up your question.  

Basketball Instruction

Bret Temple

My expertise is in the craft of Officiating Basketball and I can answer questions pertaining to basketball rules; youth level through CIF High School, NCAA college and NBA rules as well. I can either help define a specific rule for you, or interpret a specific rule to clarify how other officials and I view and call the game.

I have been a Basketball Official now for over 19 years, officiating at all levels. I have attended numerous training camps throughout the years in an attempt to constantly become a better official. I have been evaluated by top Officiating organizations and Assignors, and I've had the fortunate experience to officiate former Division 1 and NBA players.

NASO (National Association of Sports Officials) CBOA (California Basketball Officials Association)

El Sorrino Officials Association Accreditation CIF Certified(California Interscholastic Federation)

Los Angeles City Parks and Recreation, Calabasas Basketball League, Calabasas Semi-Pro Men's League, AYBA, California Interscholatic Federation, ARC League , Gary Grant Youth Basketball Program