Basketball Instruction/Is this a carry in basketball?

Question
Hello there,
Would this be considered a carry in basketball:
I am dribbling the ball and I do a carry(my hand goes directly underneath the ball) but after that I do not dribble the ball. Would this be a carry since I didn't dribble the ball after I did the carry, would that not be just stopping and holding the ball since I did not dribble after?
Thank-you in advance

Answer
You are correct in that it is not a carry if you do not continue the dribble. I have seen calls where an official anticipates the carry and blows the whistle early or calls a travel in the situation you describe if he feels too many steps were taken as you stop. But what you described is not a carry.  

Basketball Instruction

Dan Pelowski