Basketball Instruction/Is this a carry in basketball?

Hello there,
Would this be considered a carry in basketball:
I am dribbling the ball and I do a carry(my hand goes directly underneath the ball) but after that I do not dribble the ball. Would this be a carry since I didn't dribble the ball after I did the carry, would that not be just stopping and holding the ball since I did not dribble after?
Thank-you in advance

You are correct in that it is not a carry if you do not continue the dribble. I have seen calls where an official anticipates the carry and blows the whistle early or calls a travel in the situation you describe if he feels too many steps were taken as you stop. But what you described is not a carry.  

Basketball Instruction

Dan Pelowski

Questions about coaching youth and high school basketball individual skills, team defense and offense. Also questions dealing with teaching drills and team concepts, practice planning, program promotion and organization while helping players enjoy and appreciate the game of basketball.

I coached high school basketball for 30 years, organized and worked with our youth development program, played college and high school ball. I've worked with both girls and boys and age levels from 3rd grade to seniors. I retired from active coaching after my 30th season (in which we won a state championship), but stay involved with the game by scouting and consulting. As a technology coordinator I have developed spreadsheets for statistics and created game programs.

Minnesota State Basketball Coaches Association Life Member.

BA in mathematics with coaching minor from St. Mary's University.

2004 Minnesota Coach of the Year for Class 4A, Section 2AAAA Coach of the Year, and Lake Conference Coach of the Year.