Beadwork/crimp beads

Do you handle questions about crimping?  I know that for a TUBE you turn it on it's side for the 2nd crimp.  For a round BEAD, however, do you also turn that on its side for the 2nd crimp - I thought that you do not turn the ROUND bead only the TUBES.  (Watching You Tube videos is confusing because many are calling the TUBES a bead.)

I am a bead stitcher but I have crimped a couple crimp beads.  If you use a crimping plier, then you turn it to make the fold.  I use either the spiral crimp which has spiral grooves that bite into the wire or I use the smallest round crimp bead - I squish it flat and if I want it to look nice, I put a crimp bead cover over it.  Either way, you want to make sure the wire doesn't cross inside the crimp bead.

This is an illustration of how to crimp

Happy Beading!

Pamela Welborn

I have been beading for over 16 years and teaching beading for about 14 years. I especially love Japanese seed beads in size 11 and size 15. Not a delica fan but maybe someday... I especially love teaching other people about beading.

Experience in the area:
I teach the following stitches/projects: peyote, brick, netting, St Petersberg chain, spiral rope, dutch spiral, beaded pens, beaded Christmas ornaments, earrings, pouches, necklaces, bracelets - just about anything beaded, I have tried it.

I have had 7 articles published by Jewelry Crafts Magazine and one by Bead & Button Magazine.

Awards and Honors:
2nd place Professional Beadwork in the Gems and Minerals section Los Angeles County Fair 1998
3rd place Professional Beadwork in the Gems and Minerals section Los Angeles County Fair 1999

Present Day:
Currently, I design patterns and make kits for beading projects. Check out - There is a gallery of my work there.