Beagles/My Beagles Health

Question
I gave my beagle "Roscoe" his normal flea drops from store. He quit biting and chewing for about a week,now he is doing it worse then ever!Could he have some type of rash and what can I put on it to relieve the irritation?

Answer
It depends on what he is biting and chewing at, and if he does have a rash? if it is all around his body it could be an allergy to the drops, to anything really. Summertime is the worst time for allergies for dogs. You can give him over the counter Benadryl 25 mg twice a day morning and nighttime and it should help with the itching. If it doesn't relieve it he needs to be seen by a vet asap. If there is a rash he needs seen asap, if there is a rash near where you put the drops on that is even worse.

Also just a heads up I hope when you say flea drops from the store you mean maybe from Petsmart or Petco, If you are using anything from a grocery store or drug store, most likely made by Hartz, this is horrible stuff and has the most unnecessary chemicals in it along with the chemicals of the flea meds. PLEASE if this is so buy your meds from the vet at least so they are safer. None of these are truly safe because after all they are chemicals but at least those have been tested more and are monitored better. Here in So Cal I can get away with not using any on my dogs for most of the year but I see you are in Delaware so your dog may be more exposed to fleas, ticks and heartworms. This is really something that should be monitored and prescribed by your vet.  

Beagles

Have4Paws