Beagles/beagle temper tantrum

I have a 1 year old beagle and recently she has been having unexplained episodes were she starts whimpering uncontrollably and nipping at the other dogs my family has. she has never displayed this kind of behavior before and I'm worried. I don't know if she I jealous when I give the other dogs attention or doesn't want them near me because while she having her episode she cuddles up rite next to me. can you please help me understand what is going on with my dog?

Thanks for writing, I am going to need a more detailed account .....Please be very specific as to what is happening at the time with all the dogs, just quickly it sounds like it probably is jealousy which will quickly turn to aggression so need to get a handle on this asap. Let me know more about it. Also is there food around when this happens?

I am happy to answer BEAGLE BREED SPECIFIC behavioral questions. Please DO NOT ask MEDICAL questions! I am not a vet .

I currently have one adorable beagle, a male age 6.5, a sweet and loving 3 year old female Pit Bull, a cute fluff ball 10 year old male min. poodle and my newest addition a 6 month old male pit who already 50# and is going to probably be twice that when done growing. I have unfortunately lost in the last years 2 beagles and 1 whippet/rat terrier mix. The two beagles lived to 15 and the whippet mix to 13.5, it was so hard to say goodbye to them. I have done rescue work on and off for many, many years as well as fund-raising for the local animal shelter. I worked for a dog magazine in the past (Southern California Dog Magazine). Being a psychotherapist has encouraged me to do in depth studying of animal behavior as well. I have worked with many people to help curb undesirable behaviors in their dogs (or them!) or to form good behaviors. My life is devoted to and surrounded by my dogs........The picture you see here is Zeppelin but we also call him the "miracle dog". He was hit by a car April 2010 while out with the dog walker and had very serious injuries... 4 surgeries and $17,000 later my boy is whole again and back to loving life. He is so special to me and he weathered a lot of pain and trauma yet is still the sweet boy he always was! I also work to stop Breed Specific Legislation and help to get pit bulls adopted.

HSUS, PETA, SPCA DONT SHOP...ADOPT!! Ban the deed, not the Breed!!

Dog Fancy

I am a Marriage and Family Therapist licensed in the state of CA and am also credentialed as a Certified Addiction Treatment Specialist

Honored by the Agoura Animal Shelter for my volunteer work.