Bearded Dragons/mating

I have a grown female Bearded Dragon and also have a juvenile male dragon. the female is about 2 times larger than the male, i am asking how big does my male have to be to mate with the female. they are in seperate tanks but can still see each other and they bob head like crazy and ready

Hey there, bearded dragons should not be mating unless they are at about 18 months old. before this time they are not fully matured and mating at a young age can cause problems with the offspring or unsuccessful breeding. When it comes to size you may want to wait until your male is about the same size and your female. Age and size can be huge factors, so look for the 18 month mark and similar size between the two. Please do not try to mate them if one is twice the size as the other, this could lead to fighting and death in the smaller bearded dragon. Hope i could have been of some help!

Bearded Dragons

I can answer every question towards the bearded dragon except for questions that deal with sickness and disease. I can answer questions on heating and UV rays, the questions pertaining to food, habitat, bedding, breeding, egg/hatchling care, nature, and attitude are my best. Last, I cannot help you with at home sickness meds, always find a vet within your area. I can answer questions regarding body language and movement. I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

I have owned bearded dragons for over seven years and have been a breeder for two years. Caring and raising bearded dragons has been a great experience in my life and will continue to play a big role throughout my life.

Currently studying Biology with an Ecology Emphasis at Northern Michigan University.