Bearded Dragons/Mouth rot?

Question
Hello I recently bought a bearded dragon from a local reptile exotic pet store and last night after I got home from work I realized his upper lip was swollen looked online and discovered this thing called mouth rot I've only had this beardie for like 5 or 6 days now and I want to get him help but vets being expensive don't know what to do? Please help me maybe I can cure this myself?

Answer
Hey there, betadine or peroxide solution is typically used to treat infecitons on the body but ingesting it can cause serious problems. Mouth Rot is typically an infection that has to be treated with antibiotics. The kind you should only be able to get from a vet. It may cost a pretty penny but it is also your only option. Call your vet, I hope it all works out!

Bearded Dragons

Joe