Bearded Dragons/beardie and feeding

Question
I just got my beardie two days ago. The pet store fed him crickets but i have dubi rosches. I put him in a feeder cage (clear) with some roaches and he will do nothing but stare out of the cage or try and get out. He must have ate some fruit or veggies cuz he pooped but has yet to eat a roach. Any advice?

Answer
Hello, make sure the roaches are not too big. Food size is recommended to be the distance between their eyes. Also your bearded dragon may have never had roaches before so he may not know what they actually are. You could try leaving a few in his enclosure with him for a while so he will get hungry and eventually eat them. You could always downsize to crickets instead if he has been eating those before.

Bearded Dragons

Joe