Bearded Dragons/lights

Hello I ask u about my bearded dragon not eating. We took him back to the store cuz he started to lose a lot of weight.  There having the vet look at him they still dont know whats wrong with him but we got another one. I feel bad but I didnt want him to die and they have everything he need to get better. I just have a few questions. The first is about night lightning I read a lot of stuff about it and can get a straight answer some say you can and other say you cant. I have a red infared but I dont know if I should use it. Should I get a black light does one work better than the other? My other questions is the new one we got is shedding. I read that they get moody and may not eat. How long does that last I've had him for 2 day and he's just about done but how long till he get back to normal. I know he's strees with a new home and shedding too is there anything I could do to help him relax, and what are some signs that there something wrong.Thank you so much for your imput and taking the time to read this and getting back to me thank you .

Hey there! Lets start off with your lighting issue, if you bearded dragon is getting the proper heat and UV then it shouldnt matter. If your deciding between the two i would edge towards the black light just out of personal preference. they both should work the same though. Shedding can last days, if you would like to help the process go by a bit quicker you can give your bearded dragon warm baths daily. Let your dragon soak in the warm water for a few minutes. This should help a bit with the shedding.

Bearded Dragons

I can answer every question towards the bearded dragon except for questions that deal with sickness and disease. I can answer questions on heating and UV rays, the questions pertaining to food, habitat, bedding, breeding, egg/hatchling care, nature, and attitude are my best. Last, I cannot help you with at home sickness meds, always find a vet within your area. I can answer questions regarding body language and movement. I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

I have owned bearded dragons for over seven years and have been a breeder for two years. Caring and raising bearded dragons has been a great experience in my life and will continue to play a big role throughout my life.

Currently studying Biology with an Ecology Emphasis at Northern Michigan University.