Bearded Dragons/Bearded Dragon

Question
I adopted a 4 year old bearded dragon.  He was well cared for from a baby in a 2X2 foot tank, no hide, white sand substrate, never handled.  I got him a year ago and have a 2X4 foot wooden vented enclosure with glass front.  He has climbing stick, hide, White sand substrate, fed about 10 crickets twice a week, new dandelion, berries, sweet potatoe, other greens daily, bathe twice a week, put outside in sun on hot days, handled at least every other day, measure temps, 110f on hot side, 75 - 85 on cool side, he poops normal once every two weeks, eats good, looks good,  When I first got him he basked on a rock daily then this winter he brumated for several months, now just continues to hide.  I switched the rock out for a stick because he kept pooping on the rock and it was gross.  My concern is that he just hides all the time and only comes out to poop or eat.  What should I do?

Answer
Hello, you may need to consider that it could be too hot for him. That may be the reason behind why he continues to hide all day long. Make sure you keep water in his enclosure not only to drink but water he can soak in if he desires. Keep checking the temps daily and be sure you have them at a good range for the day on both sides and for the night. Daily misting will also keep him cooled off a hydrated. Misting should be done a few times throughout the day. If he shows no signs of change after everything is properly checked then you need to consider a bet check up to rule anything serious out.

Bearded Dragons

Joe