Bearded Dragons/UV harming bearded dragon's eyes

Question
My bearded dragon has been having issues with his eyes since we got him 4 months ago. He seems to be very sensitive to any kind of uv light we put in there,  constantly keeps his eyes closed,  and has has some  crusting and discharge from his eyes.  When  we take away the source of uv he does get better in 1-2 days.  We have tried fluorescent tube (24" reptisun 10.0),  fluorescent coil (15w) ,  and mercury vapour bulb (powersun 100w). No matter what we use it seems to hurt his eyes. Terrarium is 35"ױ2" and 18" tall with lots of shade. What can we do to help him live a normal life?

Answer
Hey there, it would be helpful to know his age. I had a bearded dragon years ago who was near the end of his lifespan and started having eye problems similar to this due to organ failure but I doubt this is the case. The only sure way to figure out the problem is to visit your local herp vet, he/she will probably prescribe some type of eye drops that will help.  

Bearded Dragons

Joe