Bearded Dragons/EggBound

Hi!! I have had my bearded dragon Hank since a baby for 6 years now. Early Dec. 2014, I noticed that she was losing weight at the base of her tail so I took her to a reptile vet. The vet took X-Rays and that's when how we learned that Hank was a female and not a male. The vet said she has eggs inside of her even though she has had no male contact. The vet told me how to set up her tank in order for her to lay her eggs. They also prescribed calcium and ant-inflammatory meds. It is now mid-Feb. 2015 and Hank has not once showed any interest in digging or anything to do with laying eggs. I plan to take her back to the vet ASAP but cannot afford to at this time. I LOVE HER SOOO MUCH!!! With your knowledge, Is there anything at all helpful you could advise for me to do before she becomes egg bound, if she isn't already? Also, if she is egg bound, is surgery the only option to save her life? THANK YOU for your time!!!!! :'(

A warm bath may help. Make sure that the substrate is right, she needs to be able to dig and whatever she digs into needs to be able to hold shape. If digging conditions aren't right she wont dig. If you have everything right and she doesn't dig at all for a while I would advise another vet visit.  

Bearded Dragons

I can answer every question towards the bearded dragon except for questions that deal with sickness and disease. I can answer questions on heating and UV rays, the questions pertaining to food, habitat, bedding, breeding, egg/hatchling care, nature, and attitude are my best. Last, I cannot help you with at home sickness meds, always find a vet within your area. I can answer questions regarding body language and movement. I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

I have owned bearded dragons for over seven years and have been a breeder for two years. Caring and raising bearded dragons has been a great experience in my life and will continue to play a big role throughout my life.

Currently studying Biology with an Ecology Emphasis at Northern Michigan University.