Bearded Dragons/bearded dragon

Question
i have recently got a beaded dragon and since ive had him he hasn't eaten he keeps climbing up cage and sleeps a lot also keeps lifting his tail is this a sign of butation or sign he wants to mate

Answer
Hey there, I highly doubt that his behavior has anything to do with mating, you would need to have a female around him. Bearded dragons can be stressed when brought into a new environment and need to to get use to their new surroundings. During this period they may not eat as much. I'm not quite sure what you mean by butation but I would assume you mean brumation which is usually through the cold winter season, or depending on your location whatever that colder time of the year would be. Though I doubt that mating and brumation play any part of a role in his behavior and I can assure you that it is most likely due to being moved. It is always safe and I will highly recommend a visit to your local herp vet to rule any illness out.

Bearded Dragons

Joe