Bearded Dragons/Tank size.

Hello I am interested in getting a Bearded Dragon for my family.
I am looking into tanks for our future pet.
I know most websites say you need a 40 gallon tank for an adult Bearded Dragon. But I found a terrarium that is 30 long x 13 wide x 13 high.
Would that be sufficient? If not, id like to know why? Because I seen 40 gallon tanks that are only 36 x 18 x 17. I wont be able to buy 2 tanks.
Tanks in advance!

Hello, 40 gallons for a tank should be sufficient enough for one bearded dragon. Over the years when I had them I would always get a 50 gallon to make sure that each of them had enough of their own space. You have to account for the room things will take up; bowls, rocks, anything that will be in the enclosure with your bearded dragon. 40-50 gallons should be an ideal size. You dont want to get one that may be too small and find out that your beardie doesn't have the room that it needs.

Bearded Dragons

I can answer every question towards the bearded dragon except for questions that deal with sickness and disease. I can answer questions on heating and UV rays, the questions pertaining to food, habitat, bedding, breeding, egg/hatchling care, nature, and attitude are my best. Last, I cannot help you with at home sickness meds, always find a vet within your area. I can answer questions regarding body language and movement. I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

I have owned bearded dragons for over seven years and have been a breeder for two years. Caring and raising bearded dragons has been a great experience in my life and will continue to play a big role throughout my life.

Currently studying Biology with an Ecology Emphasis at Northern Michigan University.