Bearded Dragons/Need help taming my dragon

My Bearded Dragon, Draco, is several months old and he's very shy of me and skittish. He scuttles away whenever I pet him and he just doesn't seem very fond of me. I've had him for roughly 6 months now. What can I do to help him be more comfortable around me so he's more calm and welcoming of my presence? Is this natural for a young Beardie to do? How can I tame him? Hope you can help. Thanks :)

Hello, I wouldn't say that you could really "tame" your bearded dragon. They aren't like a fog or a cat. A good thing to try which is what I had tried many time is hand feeding. Hand feeding in my opinion is a great way to help your beardie be more comfortable around you. When reaching into the enclosure be sure that he sees your hand coming in so that you don't surprise him. He needs to know that you are entering his enclosure. Warm baths can help relax him, but dont make them too hot! I hope that any of my suggestions can help, good luck!!

Bearded Dragons

I can answer every question towards the bearded dragon except for questions that deal with sickness and disease. I can answer questions on heating and UV rays, the questions pertaining to food, habitat, bedding, breeding, egg/hatchling care, nature, and attitude are my best. Last, I cannot help you with at home sickness meds, always find a vet within your area. I can answer questions regarding body language and movement. I will try to help you to the best of my ability.

I have owned bearded dragons for over seven years and have been a breeder for two years. Caring and raising bearded dragons has been a great experience in my life and will continue to play a big role throughout my life.

Currently studying Biology with an Ecology Emphasis at Northern Michigan University.