Beatles, The/Misprinted White album White Vinyl

Kristopher Kreeft wrote at 2012-01-06 20:38:42
It appears that this isn't the only misprint copy as I too have a misprint on vinyl. However, mine is the standard black vinyl. 1 side of the 2nd record contains the usual White Album content and the other is Love Songs.  It's a Capitol re-release from Canada. Years ago I spoke with the president at Capitol Records who said that he had heard of such a misprint but was unfamiliar with its value - though there are believed to be only a few others like it, maybe 5 or 6.  I would love to know its value as I've been hanging on to it for years.  

Terry Hoknes wrote at 2013-12-06 03:22:44
We have located a 2nd copy of this misprint album here in Canada.  Original owner bought a white vinyl copy of the White Album in 1978.  But when he went to play it side 1 of the White Album on white vinyl actually plays side 1 of Love Songs instead.  So now we have 2 known copies of this super rare album.   My friend is now willing to sell it after owning it for 35 years.

Terry Hoknes wrote at 2013-12-06 06:22:58
The BEATLES White Album WHITE VINYL Misprint rare error album LOVE SONGS instead

Check out this link for a 2nd copy of this rare white album white vinyl.  A legit album that contains Love Songs as side 1 by mistake.

Beatles, The

Along with my partner, I've taught classes on the Beatles to both adults and teens in libraries and schools. I'm also the "resident expert" for the Beatles and John Lennon on I moderate 2 Beatle groups on MySpace, one a general Beatles site and the other geared toward Beatle collectors. I'm also a co-administrator for one of the largest, most popular Beatle forums on the web,

I'm half of an acoustic, female Beatles tribute duo called "Luv Me Deux" as a guitarist and vocalist. Check us out at

While I have no degree in "Beatleology", I probably could write a course on it!