Beatles, The/2 sided Beatle card

Konnie wrote at 2013-08-13 19:07:31
I was reading this string of questions and answers... and here is an answer: the card is not from a magazine, Topps Beatles Bubble Gum, and neither from a fan club as was suggested.  The card shown is one of two cards made (two cards with one of each Beatles head shot on each of the four sides) for insertion into a girl's Beatles vinyl wallet, circa 1964, and manufactured by RAMAT Co. & Ltd, London.  The snap-strap wallet came with accessories, nail file, mirror, etc. and came in various colors.  While many wallets did not survive the ages, many of these two-sided cards were inserted into fans' scrapbooks and Beatles card collections.  Hope this helps.

Beatles, The

Along with my partner, I've taught classes on the Beatles to both adults and teens in libraries and schools. I'm also the "resident expert" for the Beatles and John Lennon on I moderate 2 Beatle groups on MySpace, one a general Beatles site and the other geared toward Beatle collectors. I'm also a co-administrator for one of the largest, most popular Beatle forums on the web,

I'm half of an acoustic, female Beatles tribute duo called "Luv Me Deux" as a guitarist and vocalist. Check us out at

While I have no degree in "Beatleology", I probably could write a course on it!