Beauty And Cosmetic Procedures/Hair removal

Question
Hi there. I hope you can help me. I have an embarrassing question to ask and I don't know where to turn. I am a 33 year old female. I had a partial hysterectomy 2 years ago. Since then, I have started growing facial hair on my chin and neck and it is very coarse, like a mans beard. I have tried Sally Hanson facial hair remover and it didn't help. I also tried Olay facial hair remover for coarse hair and it didn't help either. I have shaved it and it hasn't helped much because I can still feel the stubble. I cannot afford electrolisis and I don't know what else to do. I was told Veet products are great but will they work on coarse hair without burning my skin? Also, I am in need of a cream that works great on my bikini area, as I am prone to major razor burn. And also, something safe to use in my perineal (butt crack) area. Can you recommend a product for that? And lastly, something easy and effective to use on my legs to avoid shaving. I know that's a lot of questions, but I am on a limited budget and am so lost in this department. Please help!!! Thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi thanks for your question, it sounds very much like you are having an adronetic hair growth. This comes about from the drop in oestrogen, following the hysterectomy. While there are a number of treatments, to garner best results you should consult with your doctor, regarding hormonal treatments. Once you are on appropriate treatment laser would be your best bet in getting rid of any final stubborn hairs. Doing it without hormone treatment won't have anywhere near the same results and will simply be a waste of cash.

As for other areas, waxing will give great longer term results.

Good luck

Caitlin

Beauty And Cosmetic Procedures

Caitlin Morrison