Beer/Fresh hops IPA

Hi there Ed!  I was in Vermont a few months ago and someone kept raving about an IPA (which I'm pretty sure was not from Vermont) that seemed to be quite popular among the craft beer drinking natives.  He brought one to an event I attended and gave me a sample and I was blown away.  The best way to describe it, is that the hoppy flavor of the beer tasted much like the actual aroma of a fresh hops floret.  It was like liquid fresh hops in a glass.  God knows how this happened, but in my excitement I barely even took note of the name of the brew, and now I can't remember what it was called.  I'd like to look into brewing something similar as I've never had an IPA like that here in Florida.  You don't have any idea what brew I might have had do you?  I really wish I had more information and a better description.  I know I would recognize the name if I heard it.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

With all the hundreds of IPAs available in New England, I wouldn't know where to begin.
However, that level of hop flavor and aroma would tend to indicate either something from the west coast (California, most likely).
Other likely locations could include Dogfish Head (Delaware), but in truth there are so many really hop-forward IPAs on the market today that you could play the guessing game all day and never hit it. Best of luck tracking it down!

Ed Westemeier

Award-winning beer writer, columnist, and brewing consultant, as well as Grand Master Beer Judge. I can provide descriptions of beer styles and comparisons between commercial examples. Advice on how to evaluate different beers. Use of different ingredients in brewing. Details about brewing technology, both commercial and homebrewing. Please don't ask me about old beer bottles, ashtrays, etc.