Beginner Investing/Investing

Question
Hi Steve- im a 38 yr old single professional and am curious to get some pointers on investing.  Right now all of my $ is tied up in various mutual funds, 401K, Roth and Rollover IRA and I have 1 yrs salary in liquid savings collecting 0.85% interest. I feel i can be a bit more diversified so i would certainly appreciate any tips. if you need more info just let me know

Thanks

Russ

Answer
Hi Russ,

it is tough to tell from your question how diversified you are right now.  That is certainly important, but each of your accounts should allow you to diversify your investments. The main thing is to focus on the lowest fee products you can find.  So, think ETFs rather than mutual funds.  Think about investing in index funds that track the S&P 500 as well as foreign exposure and bond funds.  You should be able to get plenty of diversity with the products offered by your various IRAs.

It is great to have the one year salary put away, that should be in a safe and liquid form, like a savings account.

Best,
Steve

Beginner Investing

Steve Hach