Beginner Investing/Investing

Hi Michael,

I think I may be interested in investing, but I don't know how to go about it. I think I am interested because I'd like to use my money to invest in things that will give me something back in return rather than just wasting it. I am a frugal spender naturally. I have a entrepreneural spirit and I have always known that I am ahead of trends alot rather than being a crowd follower. I want to know if investing is a good idea for me and how best would I be able to go about doing it.

Hi Quentin,

Before you decide to invest, you need to learn about investing.  I would suggest you read, "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham.  Benjamin Graham was Warren Buffett's mentor.  You will learn a lot by reading this book.

Beginner Investing

Michael Weiss, CFA

I can answer most questions about investing for beginners

I am the owner of Series 7 Exam Tutor , a financial tutoring business that provides personalized tutoring for the Series 7 Exam, the Series 6 Exam ,the Series 65 Exam, the Series 66 Exam, the Series 63 Exam and the Series 24 Exam . I also offer tutoring for finance courses. For additional information, please visit, Finance Exam Tutor. Prior to launching Series 7 Exam Tutor, I worked in investments for 20 years with the majority of this time focused on investment analysis and portfolio management. I have worked for large companies such as Merrill Lynch and Evergreen Investments and have also worked for smaller firms as well. Throughout my career, I have sought to mentor younger colleagues whenever possible, especially those enrolled in the CFA program. I completed the CFA program in 2002 after passing all three exams on the first try. I also passed the Series 7 Exam with a score of 94%. For additional information about me, you can visit the links below:

CFA Institute and CFA Society of Philadelphia

M.B.A. in Finance & Investments from the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College and a B.A. in Finance & Economics from the City University of New York Baccalaureate Program.