Beginner Investing/Beginner Resources

Sorry for my previous, over-detailed question. But let me ask you this: Do you know of any good books or online resources that would help a beginner invest better in mutual funds?

Thank you for your question!

I actually always recommend people read "Investing for Dummies".  I know its not a very flattering title, but it gives you a basis of knowledge for most forms of investments. For example, ETF's (exchange traded funds) are a great alternative to mutual funds, depending on what you want to do, and have lower expenses. I would start there. I believe that there is a 2014 edition, I would be sure to get the most current edition.

Here are some others:

This one is currently available on a kindle for only 99 cents:

Mutual Funds for Dummies

Another inexpensive but good one through kindle:
Mutual Funds: The Essential Strategies to Make Investing in Mutual Funds Profitable (Investing, Mutual Funds, Investing in Mutual Funds, Stocks, Stock Market)

Common Sense on Mutual Funds: Fully Updated 10th Anniversary

Basically if you go to and search for "Mutual Funds", all the good ones come up first.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Paul Henneman
ValuEngine Inc  

Beginner Investing

Paul Henneman

I can answer any questions on investment strategies. Specifically, my expertise lies in long term investment strategies designed to beat market performance while reducing risk. Not get rich quick schemes, but solid investing strategies. DO NOT SEND ME YOUR HOME WORK QUESTIONS! Over one half of the questions I receive are clearly students in finance or economic classes asking for answers to their homework questions. Most of these come from India. I won't answer them, do your own work. However, I welcome all investors trying to negotiate how to invest in stocks, mutual funds, ETF's, and other investments.

15 years in a leadership role at a financial research company. We sell research to institutions such as Wells Fargo, Fidelity, Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, Bank of NY, Scotia Bank, and others.

Florida International University, University of Florida

Wells Fargo Advisors, Fidelity, Scotia Bank, Thomson Reuters, Capital IQ, Factset, Bloomberg, Bank of NY, CBSMarketWatch, Hoovers, Multex, Yahoo Finance, Zacks, Earthlink Finance, numerous large institutions and hedge funds, subscribers to