Beginner Investing/Bonds

Hi Joseph- how are you? Im Russ

I have a good chunk of my portfolio in bond funds now.  I own a total bond market mutual fund and have some positions in SHY, TLT and AGG.  This is all for protection.  I have been reading about an impending interest rate hike in the coming months.  Do you feel these funds could potentially take a big hit and if so should i sell out now? would appreciate any advice

Short answer, I would not recommend bonds or stocks for anyone right now. Get into no risk and liquid situations for many years to come. It is my opinion. It appears to me that very few are invested in the markets now .... by observation, and yet markets are at a record high. I see the markets far beyond the realty of actual investment, so get out and stay out.  

Beginner Investing

Dr. Joseph de Beauchamp

I`ve been teaching MBA students around the world for the past 15 years. I have covered over 50 stock markets and published on over 2000 public companies. I review and check on nearly 6000 financial reports a year. I would be glad to help out with questions.

Over 2000 public companies.