Beginner Investing/Bonds

Question
Hi Joseph- how are you? Im Russ

I have a good chunk of my portfolio in bond funds now.  I own a total bond market mutual fund and have some positions in SHY, TLT and AGG.  This is all for protection.  I have been reading about an impending interest rate hike in the coming months.  Do you feel these funds could potentially take a big hit and if so should i sell out now? would appreciate any advice

thanks

Russ

Answer
Short answer, I would not recommend bonds or stocks for anyone right now. Get into no risk and liquid situations for many years to come. It is my opinion. It appears to me that very few are invested in the markets now .... by observation, and yet markets are at a record high. I see the markets far beyond the realty of actual investment, so get out and stay out.  

Beginner Investing

Dr. Joseph de Beauchamp