Belgium/Belg~ / Bulg~ (ancient history)

Question
QUESTION: Hello Pito,

I've been working on something for a loooong time (sorry; can't tell you what it is) but I'd just like to cover all the bases on it and as thoroughly as is possible.

In a small but important part it involves the ancient origin of the Belgians. Thus:

aside from the obvious—"Belgium"—can you tell me anything of a deeper, historical, nature about the Flemish (or do you call it it "Flamish?") words that begin with or contain the syllable "belg"—or bulg"?

regards,
Dan

ANSWER: Hello Dan,

I am not sure I understand your question.

Anyway: it is Flemish.

For the second part: not sure I get you. You want me to give you some words that contain "belg"  ? Or you want me to say something more about the origin of the "Flemish" part ?

I am not a historian, so not sure I can help you, but could you specify your question ?

QUESTION: Hello Pito and thanks for replying,

Sorry, not to have been more clear.

Yes. Basically, I'm trying to find the origin of the word, "Belgium"; but I don't mean that in the plainer terms of "the country of the Belgian people". So I guess, yes; I'm looking for words that contain, or are rooted in, or are related to "belg" (and perhaps, "bulg".

Can you assist?

Thanks,
Dan

ANSWER: Hello Dan,

a quick question: do you speak dutch? (more specific: can you read it and understand it?)

cheers,
Pito

QUESTION: No. Sorry.

Answer
Hello Dan,

ok I figured you did not, but you never know for sure!

I'll do my best to send you a good answer to your question, however because I have to translate it and put some information together, this will take some time.

I will do my best to send you an answer as fast as possible. In order for me to do this, you will have to ask another "follow up question" so I can reply to that one in the near future.

I can not say when I'll answer, but I'll try to give you an answer in the next 4-5 days.

greetings,
Pito

Belgium

Pito