Bermuda/accessability

Question
I have my own wheelchair to get around and wondering how accessible it is to get around Kings wharf and are there accessible restrooms there. Are restaurants accessible too

Answer
Fragipani
Fragipani  

St. George
St. George  
Hi Paul,
We can tell you that the Dockyard (Kings Wharf)is accessible.  Not as in MA, but they are at a beginning.  Most of  the dockyard is level and you would find it OK to get around.  There is a taxi tour out of Kings Wharf that is definitely fitted for your needs. The tour guy would know exactly where to take you.  I'm certain that he would know everywhere accessible for a visitor.  A great idea for you.  Bermudians are fabulous hosts too!

The ferry from the dockyard goes to both Hamilton and St. George.  You're in for a great time.  There is something very special about Bermuda.

I cannot speak to restrooms.  It may be worth a call to the Bermuda Department of Tourism,(800)BERMUDA.

Happy planning!
Michael

Bermuda

Michael