Bermuda/Beach Bungalows

Hello Michael,
I am a 59 year old, Caucasian, single male living in Tennessee U.S.A. I am searching to rent a super economical beach bungalow in Florida or the Carribbean area,(for the sake of cheaper airfare), for a couple of weeks or a month every year or so, during the worst of Winter weather...nothing fancy, just a hut or bungalow on or near the beach where I can relax, fish, read, and catch up on stuff and stay warm. I will be by myself. Not into night life, the club scene, or woman chasing. Just a simple, no frills or luxuries, primitive stay where I can get cheap eats, stay warm, and rest, but in a safe location.
I've found bungalows for low as $10.00/night on Corn Island, Nicaragua and beach bungalows in India for the same price, but I fear either getting robbed or the possibility of having someone plant drugs on me because they might dislike Americans, and then the nightmare or possibility of dealing with their legal systems and possibly a long prison stay.
Can you provide me with any recommendations or provide information on any links, books, etc. that would help me with what I have described above; preferrably in a country which utilizes a legal system as used in America?
I checked on airfares to some neat bungalows in Thailand but round trip would cost $1600.00. I think maybe Florida or the Carribbean area might be best economically.

Thank you greatly.

Mike E.

I cannot recommend Bermuda for what you seek in total.  The gem of the Atlantic is expensive bringing a minimum of $100/night if you can find it or know where to look, and expensive eats as most everything is imported. The Engish system of legal system is practiced, your insurance package will not be accetpted making your payment cash only, air fare from TN will be reaching $500 R.T.  Most of all, when the coldest months in the US are upon us Bermuda will be in the 60's F.  Bermuda is not primative either, perhaps one of the highest standards of living in the world.

No one will plant drugs on you.  Bermuda is relatively safe.  I have been in Mexico several times, the interior. The point is, your mony goes very, very far.  Have you concidered this but on a non-tourist obscure coastline, or the Monquito Coast?  It think what you seek may been attainable here.

Good luck with your journey Mike.  I'm jealous.  An adventure.

Happy planning!

Vacationing in Bermuda