Beverages/Dowling Deluxe 100 Proof

Tom wrote at 2010-10-01 14:57:13
I'm familiar with this bottle and the whiskey inside the bottle came from the Old Pointdexter Distillery and it was bottled by Dowling.

Micah wrote at 2012-05-26 14:56:23
Dowling Deluxe was disstilled and aged at the Old Poindexter Distillery in Ekron, Ky then shipped, assumed by train to be bottled at Tyrone, Ky. I grew up just down the road from the Old Poindexter Distillery.

Mike wrote at 2016-06-30 23:49:01
Some years ago I was able to have the liguor store here order Dowling, and I bought a case. It was good too! Have looked for it several times since with no luck. It appears that it was discontinued long ago.

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.