Beverages/discontinued di saronno box set

Lonely Liqueur
Lonely Liqueur  
I have here a box set with two large shot glasses and an unopened 750 ml bottle of Di Saronno Amaretto Originale. This in itself doesn't seem too noteworthy, except i just can't for the life of me seem to find another example of a bottle on which the label has all three names printed on it (Di Saronno, Amaretto, and Originale.) I am curious to know why this is so difficult to find, and if that fact gives value to the set. I would very much appreciate any information regarding my lonely bottle: even if just for the history lesson. Thank You

HI Dana

This is a promotional item that was used as a merchandising campaign for the brand.  It was sold as a gift pack in stores, and may also have been provided to bars to encourage them to promote the product more.  Literally thousands of these were made.  

While it may be hard to find another one of these packages, Amaretto isn't collectible, and doesn't seem to appreciate in value over time.  The glasses, for example, are not from a high end crystal company like Lalique, which would add value.  

I wish I had better news for you, but unless you can find a real Amaretto fanatic ( and there are not many ) my guess is that it would be hard for you to find someone who would pay more for this than they would for a current bottling of Amaretto Di Saronno.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.