Beverages/Courvoisier Logo

Before the Napoleon logo or symbol, What is the bird that is on the bottle of Courvoisier? I am currently trying to locate another bottle (of one I previously owned) and I can't seem to find it. It's VSOP and the bottle had a green bird "on" it or apart of it, and black foil around the cork at the top.

I don't have a picture, but i am assuming there aren't many like it - because i can't find it. So I thought if i could search for the bird specifically - it would narrow the search.

Hi Tracey

That bird above Napoleon is an eagle--the imperial symbol of Napoleon (and lots of other Empires, too!) While they may have changed the packaging over the years, the Courvoisier VSOP is a very consistent product, and a bottling off the shelf today will be very comparable (and probabaly a bit better) than a similar bottle from years ago.  

You'll know you have a really old bottle when it mentions that the firms is by appointment to His Majesty King George...who died in 1952.  It was his favorite it was Napoleon's!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.