Beverages/Courvoisier Logo

Question
Before the Napoleon logo or symbol, What is the bird that is on the bottle of Courvoisier? I am currently trying to locate another bottle (of one I previously owned) and I can't seem to find it. It's VSOP and the bottle had a green bird "on" it or apart of it, and black foil around the cork at the top.

I don't have a picture, but i am assuming there aren't many like it - because i can't find it. So I thought if i could search for the bird specifically - it would narrow the search.

Thanks!

Answer
Hi Tracey

That bird above Napoleon is an eagle--the imperial symbol of Napoleon (and lots of other Empires, too!) While they may have changed the packaging over the years, the Courvoisier VSOP is a very consistent product, and a bottling off the shelf today will be very comparable (and probabaly a bit better) than a similar bottle from years ago.  

You'll know you have a really old bottle when it mentions that the firms is by appointment to His Majesty King George...who died in 1952.  It was his favorite Cognac...as it was Napoleon's!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner