Beverages/du roy

i have this bottle of undated armagnac du roy. we think its a comemorative bottle, can you share any info or value. it is unopened and displays we think a royal crest. and has henry iv of france on its label

Hi Kevin

I wish I could give you more information.  Duprat is a grand old name in the Armagnac region, dating back to Antoine Duprat who elevated to nobility for his services as a legal advisor to the crown.  But I don't have any record of this bottle.  Of course, distilled spirits like this do no appreciate in value over time the way some fine wines do. The alcohol levels are so high that the liquor doesn't change much at all once it's in the bottle.  So it doesn't improve, and it doesn't become more collectible.  It's worth about what a current bottling of the same quality would fetch today--perhaps 50 pounds or so?

But the bottle itself may be worth more than the liquid inside.  You might check that with the nice guys at  They could tell you if the bottle has additional value,

Hope that helps---and sorry that I don't have more exciting news

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.