Beverages/How old is my bottle of Bacardi?

Question
Spanish Bacardi
Spanish Bacardi  
Hi, I've been passed a bottle of Bacardi from my father in law and I was struck by the fact that the label was non-english.  Image attached.

After some googling I find it is Spanish bottle, with a paper tax seal still in place. The tax seal mentions pesetas so I'm guessing it's pre-2000. I'm curious mainly to decide whether to drink as a casual drink or should be set aside as an "aged" bottle (I know there will be no taste difference) for a special occasion.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Answer
Hi Natasha

You are absolutely correct.  This bottle was made for sale in Spain before they joined the EU in 1981.  And you are also correct that the flavor of the rum hasn't changed.  But that doesn't affect the symbolic value of this bottle.  Sure, you can drink it now, or perhaps share it with friends or relations that you have known since 1981--and share a few thoughts about how the world has changed since then...for better or for worse!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner