Beverages/adding flavor to wine

Question
I have a gallon of peach wine.Made from fresh fruit,it tasted very good but does not have a peachy flavor. I have a LorAnn oils 1 fl dram of peach flavor. Will this favor my wine? James

Answer
HI James

The secret in this case is to get the amount just right.  I would start with a small amount of wine, and a tiny bit of the flavoring. (what you are really looking for here is more the aromatic compound of the fruit---the basic flavors of sweet/sour/bitter/ and salty won't really be affected.)

Just be careful that adding the flavoring might add a bit of bitterness to the taste.

It should work just fine.

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner