Beverages/Apapat Cognac 1950

Apapat full front
Apapat full front  

Apapat labels
Apapat labels  
I have a full bottle of what I believe to be an old cognac/wine.  It was gift and I am wondering what the price to sell this would be.  It has several labels on it.  1955 Mednarodna Razstave Vin Ljubljana, Budapest 1960 Concours Inter National Du Vim, 1965 Tohanch Tuilissi International Des Vins.  The bottle is tall, etched and beautiful.  Do you know the value?  I have attached photos.

Hi Tina

I don't have great news for you.  The is a Bulgarian wine (Cognac comes only from France) as you can see by the Cyrillic alphabet.  It won a few awards (those are the dates and cities you mention).  But Bulgarian wines and spirits have never been collectible, and this one is no exception.  While it still may offer some little charm, it has no value on the auction market or with wine connoisseurs.  If it were mine I would open it and drink it, or simply keep it as a memento.

I am sorry that I can't give you better news.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.