Beverages/B&B Baccarat Decanter

Question
I have an unopened 750ml of B&B in a Bacarat Crystal Decanter. It is still in the original shipping box and has never been opened or displayed.What would be the value of this? Thanks

Answer
Hi Karen

I've seen the empty decanters on ebay for around $250-350 (whether they sold for that amount or not is a good question!).  But adding in the B&B doesn't make a huge difference in value--the decanter is worth more than that B&B...although I suspect that you knew that.

If you have an unopened version of this, you might get an extra $50-75 for it...

Bear in mind that it is illegal for private citizens to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA, so you would have to sell this to a liquor store or at an auction, and they would take a significant commission.

It might be easier to simply sell it on ebay, and not that you are selling it as a colletible, not as a beverage.  I've seen that done before, although I am not sure it always works.

Or you could drink the B&B, and then sell the decanter.  

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Beverages

Paul Wagner