Beverages/Bottle Worth

Hi Paul, I have a bottle of Terry Wine, Fernando Terry in a mesh holder, numbered H148689891.
It has OCHENTA CENTIMOS on the opposite side of the strip stamp.  Renta del Alcoho 1/2 liter.  There is a small neck label that says CENTENARIO.  Under the word Brady, it says  Destilado De los ejores Vinos de Jerez and then Puerto Sta Maria.  There are 3 registration stamps on the top of the label; Alexandrie 1901; Marca Registrada ; St. Louis 1904.

Anything you can tell me about this bottle would be helpful, especially if it's still good, what if any is it worth, and how do I find a buyer?

I believe my dad had this on his bar for many, many years back in the 60's.

Thanks for anything you can help me with.

Hi Kathleen

This is a Spanish brandy made by Terry, one of the big Sherry firms in Jerez de la Frontera in Southern Spain.  Like Domecq, Osborne, and Sandeman; Terry also made brandy for use in their Sherries, and they bottled some of it separately for sale to customers.  

Because they are so high in alcohol, distilled spirits like this brandy don't change much at all, for better or for worse, once they are in the bottle.  The good news is that yours is perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about what a current bottle of Spanish Brandy is worth today:  something under $40 a bottle.

Spanish Brandy is generally sweeter than French Brandy or Cognac, and there are those who prefer it over its French rival.

I hope that helps.  I am sorry that I don't have more exciting news.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.