Beverages/non-alcoholic drink recipe

How do you make a Texas Twister?

Hi Duc

This is a proprietary drink, so the recipe is supposedly secret.  But "cooking with Lindsay" has this answer for you:

Have you ever had a Texas Twister? I have had them at carnivals and fairs. This top secret recipe has been reverse engineered and here is the closest version I have found!

Texas Twister
•2 liter bottle lemon lime soda, chilled
•1 can frozen fruit punch concentrate
•1 jar maraschino cherries with juice
•sliced oranges, limes and lemons
Stir together all ingredients including cherry juice into large punch bowl. Squeeze some of the lemons, limes and oranges into punch.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.