Beverages/Grand Award 15

Question
Is there any monetary value to an unopened Grand Award 15, still in its original case and with a 1954 Tax Stamp. TY   Al

Answer
HI Al

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, once they go into the bottle.  The good news is that yours is perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about what a similar bottle would be worth today---under $35 or so.

The bottle itself might be worth more than the liquid inside---but I can't help you with that.  You'll have to ask the nice guys at antiquebottles.com to see what they say about collectible bottles.  And if they don't get excited, then drink up.  I am sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you.

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner