Beverages/Grand Award 15

Is there any monetary value to an unopened Grand Award 15, still in its original case and with a 1954 Tax Stamp. TY   Al

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, once they go into the bottle.  The good news is that yours is perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.  It's worth about what a similar bottle would be worth today---under $35 or so.

The bottle itself might be worth more than the liquid inside---but I can't help you with that.  You'll have to ask the nice guys at to see what they say about collectible bottles.  And if they don't get excited, then drink up.  I am sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you.

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.