Beverages/Old Bottle of Courvoisier!

Cognac Bottle
Cognac Bottle  

I was recently given an old bottle of Courvoisier and would like to know it's approximate age and value before I consider opening it. Any help you can provide would be appreciated! Photo attached to assist. The serial number stamped on the side of the label is DP7195.

Hi Sean

They intentionally make these serial numbers confusing so that people can't use them to guess the age of these bottles.  I'd estimate this is around 20~25 years old, but it's really hard to say...

At any rate, distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much for better or worse once in the bottle.  The good news is that this is fine to drink. The bad news is that it hasn't appreciated in value the way some fine wines do.

It's worth about $30~50 or so.

If it were mine, I would open it up and drink it.  Hope that helps

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.