Beverages/value of old bottle of Benedictine

I have an unopened 750ml bottle of Benedictine  my grandmother got in Paris whilst travelling  in France in 1937. I know the bottle is at least that old- maybe even older.
I'd like to know the value.

Hi Jay

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or worse, once they are in the bottle.  So the good news is that this is perfectly good to drink.  The bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value the way some fine wines do---it's worth about what a current bottling is worth.

But the bottle may be worth more than the liquid inside.  You can check that with the nice guys at  They'll tell you if the package is worth more than the present!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

I have spent most of my adult life eating and drinking throughout the world, and can usually remember some of it! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about food and drink on the air.

30 years in the business.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the past 20 years.

Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company, The Court of Master Sommeliers, Constellation Wines, The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Vinitaly, Napa County Agricultural Commissioner.