Beverages/Found an old bottle of Cognac unopened

Question
Hi Paul,
I have found an old bottle of Cognac: (Bellows & Company V.E. Fine Cognac Brandy, over 20 years old, Specially reserved and bottled by, Societe des Proprietaires Vinicoles de Cognac,Cognac.France, Founded 1838, Imported by Bellows & Company,Inc. NEW YORK CITY, 4/5 Quart, Produce of France, 86 Proof) This is what is on the label. I missed adding a few other things on the label, but this is most of it. This bottle is unopened and the seal is intact. Looks like it has lost some of the contents, maybe by dehydration of the alcohol. Can you tell me if it was a good bottle of Cognac and if it has any value.
Thank you!
Randolph

Answer
Hi Randolph

This is nice stuff--but it isn't a rare treasure.  It might be worth $25-30 a bottle.  If it were mine, I would just drink it---or give it to someone who would enjoy.

Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that thet really don't changge much over time.

Paul Wagner

Beverages

Paul Wagner